“I am not afraid of the tens of thousands set against me on every side.” (Psalm 3:7, Complete Jewish Bible)
One would think the United States of America is falling apart, if you lived on a secluded island and only saw the cable newscasts that hourly proclaim their misguided, opinionated, rather untruthful messages. Certainly you would though learn what Beelzebub means. Lord of the Flies. As in a lot of swarming buzz surrounding a garbage load of waste.
Is it any wonder then that the Creator, Lord of All, commands us to keep our eyes fixed on Him, and our ears tuned to what He is declaring and doing? We don’t live on an island lost afar off in the ocean, but rather do live in this nation founded providentially by the Lord. A correct presentation of written historical facts would show that, given the Founding Fathers often proclaimed their reliance on Almighty God, and fought to put this so into action. Knowing the biblical and sustaining word that was given to them then, which still holds true, will keep us steady as shaking occurs. A shaking, by the way, which He has orchestrated.
We can count on Him to sustain us in these troubled times, and at the same time see His hand guiding us. One way He has done this was through the divine placement of one into national leadership, again. Needed as much now as when the foundations of this country were laid.
I am confident that what happened on the night of the national elections in November 2016 was the hand of God granting us mercy, knowing that we as a people have yet to complete a very important work. He wasn’t going to let the gates of hell take us further down the road of perdition. Instead He shook things up, keeping His agenda and times on track.
Look what has been done since the new president has taken office, against all odds, or so it has seemed. President Donald J. Trump has done a tremendous job!
Here is just a short list of those accomplishments, which I found on the Washington Times website, written by Robert Knight on Sunday, May 6, 2018. This consists of Trump’s first 500 days in that office.
- Appointed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and more than 75 other constitutionally sound federal judges, 30 of which are serving.
- Reinstated an expanded Mexico City Policy blocking foreign aid from being used for abortions.
- Cracked down on illegal immigration and “sanctuary cities.” As Attorney General Jeff Sessions put it: “The lawlessness, the abdication of the duty to enforce our laws, and the catch and release policies of the past are over.”
- Issued an order killing two federal regulations for every new one. In actuality, 16 were cut for every new one in his first year, saving billions.
- Engineered a historic tax cut that will save money for more than 80 percent of American households.
- Withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of U.S. governance by international bureaucrats.
- Reversed onerous Obama environmental rules that gave the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ham-handed authority to destroy the coal industry and abrogate landowners’ rights.
- Kick-started America’s energy sector by curtailing regulations, facilitating the Keystone XL Pipeline and opening up vast federal areas to oil and gas exploration.
- Presided over an economic and stock market boom, lowered unemployment and brought manufacturing jobs back to America from overseas.
- Rebuilt the nation’s military, destroyed ISIS and faced down North Korea’s “Rocket Man.”
- Issued an order enforcing First Amendment protections for religious liberty.
- Restored the freedom of military chaplains to espouse biblical morality, and essentially reversing Mr. Obama’s transgender military policy.
- Revoked the Education Department’s order that public schools allow gender-confused males access to girls’ restrooms and locker rooms.
- Cracked down on sex trafficking. President Trumpsigned a law allowing states to move against sex-ad Internet sites, and the Justice Department on April 6 seized and shut down Backpage.com, which carried ads for prostitution, including trafficked children.
- Overhauled the mismanaged Veterans Administration and giving veterans more health care choices.
- Replaced Obamacare incrementally, beginning with a repeal of the individual mandate.
- Imposed sanctions on Venezuela’s socialist dictatorship and revising Mr. Obama’s deals with communist Cuba.
- Recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and repairing damage that Mr. Obama did to the U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Worked with Central American nations to crack down on MS-13 gangs.
As a Christian, I would especially highlight his recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moving our embassy there; his ongoing commitment to appoint pro-life Supreme Court justices; and his relentless fight to defund Planned Parenthood, which murders babies daily under cover of “choice” and family preference.
His actions to restore our military might have also proven highly effective and timely.
Is it any wonder he is continually ridiculed by the opposition, and 90% of press reports of him and his actions are negative?
We sing God bless America, and so we should. Acknowledging His powerful hand in action, guiding and accomplishing His purposes, once again should cause us to give thanks, declare our utter dependence on Him, and be confident that what He began He will certainly finish.
With confidence I believe we will see the desires of our Lord overcome those of the evil one.
God has our back. He has not given up on this land.
Shalom and ahava (peace and love in Hebrew).
Now think on this,
Love For His People, Inc.
Please be sure to sign up for our newsletter. Use the “Sign Up” button on our website, or go here: Sign Me Up!
If these messages have ministered to you, please consider sending a charitable gift of $10-$50 today, and maybe each month, to help us bless families in Israel whom we consistently help monthly through our humanitarian work. Your tax-deductible contributions receive a receipt for each donation. Fed. ID #27-1633858.
Secure, conveniently contributions can be done online now. Click here: DONATE
(or use the DONATE buttons on the blog.)
Contribution checks can be sent to:
Love For His People, Inc.
P.O. Box 414
Pineville, NC 28134
Todah rabah! (Hebrew – Thank you very much.)
Please share Now Think On This with your friends on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn. We appreciate yo
Now Think On This #346 – in the year of our Lord 06.28.18 – “Is It Any Wonder?”, Thursday, 3:50 pm